|All International Taekwon-Do members competing in New Zealand must wear:
- Mouth guard
- Gloves that cover from the wrist bone to the top of the fingers and open showing the palms.
- Boots which cover the back-heel.
- Headgear (Must be either red or blue, black headgear is not permitted)
- Groin guard for males (to be worn inside dobok trousers)
Note: Black boots and gloves are acceptable, but If coloured boots and gloves are used (Optional in NZ), they must correspond with the side allocated colours of the competitor. Ie red gear if the competitor is designated red etc
Competitors may optionally wear:
Permitted brands of equipment when competing at ITF World Cup or World Champs events as approved by the International Taekwon-Do Federation. Note: Top Pro gear is permissible in NZ, but not internationally unless otherwise stated in the tournament invite.
- Chest protector (female only, to be worn inside the dobok)
- Groin guard for females (to be worn inside dobok trousers)
- Shin pads (Must be soft i.e. foam, not hard plastic)
- Forearm guards (Must be soft i.e. foam, not hard plastic)