Gup Syllabus Updates
The 2014 editions of the Gup Techniques Handbook will be available from your instructor or at the National Tournament, 26-27 July 2014 from Fuji Mae NZ.
Advance copies are available now from Fuji Mae NZ or Paul M TKD.
The 2014 adults and kids versions contain the following updates from the 2010 edition:
- Korean counting added to 9th gup syllabus
- New Self-defence syllabus added to each grade
- Basic stance measurements added to 8th gup
- 2 Step Sparring added to 6th & 5th gup
- Some step sparring examples changed
- Terminology CD no longer included - audio files are now available on the itkd website.
Click here to see changes in green.
The 2010 edition of the Techniques Handbook is now available, and contains the following updates from the 2009 edition:
- Taekwon-Do in New Zealand Section updated.
- History of Taekwon-Do Section (red belt) updated.
- New design
The 2009 edition of the Techniques handbook had the following amendments
- Updated with the new self defence syllabus.
- Moved "meaning of the white belt" from 9th gup to 10th gup.
- Changed 8th gup 3 step compulsory technique from backfist strike to reverse knifehand strike.
- Updated 3 step "examples" to better match the compulsory techniques.
- Updated rules from latest standards & Discipline document.
- Updated NZ history section re Board of Directors and management committees.
You can purchase a handbook from an approved supplier.